Last updated: May 2018
“Personal Information” is information that can be associated with a specific user and could be used to identify that specific user whether from that data or from that data and other information that MLCL has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
Collection and Use of Data
User-supplied information: If you fill out the contact form on this Site, we will ask you to provide some personal information (such as e-mail address, name, phone number and state). We only require that you provide your name and an e-mail address on the contact form. Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Security Number; date of birth; driver’s license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information) (collectively, “Sensitive Information”). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
Information that you provide to us through the contact form will be used so that we may respond to your inquiry. We may also use information you provide to us to communicate with you in the future. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may opt out (unsubscribe) as described below.
Web server logs: When you visit our Site, we may track information about your visit and store that information in web server logs, which are records of the activities on our Site. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of the information we may collect include:
- your unique Internet protocol address;
- the name of your unique Internet service provider;
- the town/city, county/state and country from which you access our Site;
- the kind of browser or computer you use;
- the number of links you click within the Site;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the web page from which you arrived to our Site;
- the pages you viewed on the Site; and
certain searches/queries that you conducted via our Site(s).
The information we collect in web server logs helps us administer the Site, analyze its usage, protect the Site and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user’s experience.
The security of your personal information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
Third-Party Access to Information
MLCL will not sell, rent or lease mailing lists or other user data to others, and will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- to agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us;
- if we are unable to assist with your matter, but know an unaffiliated attorney or firm that may be able to help you, we may refer you and share information you provided us with that party; and
- as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if we are acquired by another firm or if we are liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
Amend, Delete or Opt-Out
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. Contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below at any time to:
- see what data we have about you, if any;
- change/correct any data we have about you;
- ask us to delete any data we have about you; and/or
- opt out of future communications from us.