At McCarthy Lebit, we have a team of lawyers dedicated to helping founders, entrepreneurs, startups, and emerging growth companies in all industries with their venture capital or other strategic growth transactions. We also work closely with angel and venture capital funds, corporate strategic investors, family offices and other institutional investors structuring investments and transactions. We can combine our in-depth market knowledge and experience with strong relationships to provide practical counsel designed for the unique needs of emerging growth companies. As a full-service law firm, we act as cost-efficient “general counsel” for emerging companies, allowing them to focus on growth.
- Negotiating investments on the fund side or company side (Seed through Series A)
- Corporate governance and tax planning and compliance
- Fund structuring
- Acquisition and growth structuring, traditional or otherwise
- Equity incentive programs for founders and key employees
- Portfolio company counsel
Today’s private equity market is ever-evolving and highly competitive. Private equity funds need counsel with the experience and expertise to get deals done. Portfolio companies need a cost-effective full-service law firm able to handle the fast-paced growth private equity demands. We represent private equity institutions, management teams, debt provides, and portfolio companies through all stages of the private equity lifecycle – from financing the acquisition of a business, to operating and growing the business, all the way through the eventual sale. We advise clients in all areas relating to transactions and post-acquisition operation of the company. We provide a full-service platform for our clients to rely on while maintaining a cost-efficient team structure.
- Structuring and negotiating the acquisitions and sales of portfolio companies
- Due Diligence
- Acquisition and growth financing
- Corporate Governance
- Employee relations
- General legal counsel for portfolio companies