As a parenting coordinator, Katie Arthurs works with families (post-divorce) to implement their parenting plans, which minimizes conflict and restores relationships.
A parenting coordinator is a neutral third party appointed by the Court to facilitate the resolution of future disputes, in a timely manner. If the parties cannot reach an agreement, the parenting coordinator has authority to make decisions, as defined by the Court order.
A parenting coordinator is child-focused and utilizes tools such as assessment, education, case management, conflict management, coaching, and decision-making to help parents co-parent without court intervention. As a parenting coordinator, Katie is a valuable asset to manage conflict while a family is in transition.
What services can a parenting coordinator provide?
- Case Management: coordinates parents, children, and professionals
- Education/Coaching: helps parents improve co-parenting
- Conflict Management: works with parents to problem-solve
- Decision Making: renders recommendations/decisions as a last resort
What are the benefits of a parenting coordinator for parents?
- Help parents co-parent in separate households
- Provide parents with a healthy mechanism to work through issues
- Collectively make decisions that are in the best interest of children
- Encourage parents to shy away from court when issues arise
- Provide parents with an opportunity to find meaningful resolutions
- Shared cost and less expensive than re-hiring lawyers
What are the benefits of a parenting coordinator for children?
- Achieve a successful implementation of the parenting plan
- Shield children from the exposure of disagreements
- Reduce children’s stress that results from parental conflict
- Create an optimal environment and adjustment at home
- Increase the likelihood of both parents being active in the children’s lives
What are the benefits of a parenting coordinator for the legal community?
- Deflect “non-legal” issues to a neutral professional
- Saves time for professionals and money for clients
- Prompt resolution of day-to-day issues
- Prevent unnecessary litigation