A Prenuptial Agreement is a contract between two parties that defines the rights of the parties should the marriage terminate by death or divorce. This voluntary agreement is executed prior to the marriage. The agreement can be as simple or as complex depending upon a client’s needs.
Richard Rabb coordinates with our estate planning and tax lawyers to create Prenuptial Agreements to protect family wealth, premarital assets, business interest(s), inheritance, real estate, and more in the event of divorce and/or death.
Our team can facilitate sensitive discussions between engaged parties. Some benefits include:
- Preserve premarital assets
- Protect current business interest values and future growth
- Preserve family wealth and future gifts and interests
- Secure future ownership for children
- Allocate and preserve future income
- Safeguard inheritance
- Control and manage potential future disputes
- Define or waive spousal support
- Allocate premarital and marital debts
- Financial disclosure prior to marriage