McCarthy, Lebit, Crystal & Liffman Co., LPA is an established, full-service law firm in downtown Cleveland. We excel in both personal and business services and our accomplished attorneys are highly respected within the legal community. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, a professional and friendly atmosphere and competitive salaries.
MLCL is currently seeking an experienced lawyer for its Taxation and Trusts & Estates practice groups. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four or more years of concentrated experience in the areas of federal taxation law and estate planning. Experience in business and corporate law is a plus. He or she should possess an understanding of individual, partnership, corporate and transfer tax, as well as a proficiency in federal tax research.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Tax planning
- Consult on a variety of tax controversies
- Contesting federal, state and local tax liabilities
- Resolving audits
- Instituting and modifying estate plans
- Customizing advanced directives and powers of attorney
- Tailoring wills and trusts
- Assisting corporate entities with formation, general business and commercial matters
Qualifications/The Ideal Candidate:
- Must possess a Juris Doctor and admitted in the state of Ohio or willing to take the Ohio Bar Examination if necessary
- CPA or LL.M. in Taxation is a plus
- In good legal standing in the state of Ohio
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four or more years of concentrated experience in the areas of federal taxation law and estate planning. The position is full time. Our general hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Salary is D.O.E.