- Banking & Finance: Our Banking & Finance services for small businesses include the analysis, structure and documentation of additional financing, restructuring of current financing and advising clients on the business of banking.
- Business & Corporate: We initially help small businesses and startups with entity formation and operating agreements, as well as independent contractor agreements and then continue to counsel them through their business planning, transactions and disputes.
- Employment: When our small business clients hire employees, we coach them on the laws and regulations they need to understand, develop their employee handbooks and advise them on any employment disputes that arise.
- Intellectual Property: Our Intellectual Property team assesses the IP needs of all of the small businesses that become a member of our platform. They then make recommendations for IP protection based off of each company’s needs. If anyone ever infringes on our client’s IP, we also take measures to defend it, up to prosecuting the infringer in court.
- Real Estate & Construction: When a small business is looking to lease or purchase property to meet their needs, we advise them throughout the transaction in order to ensure that their interests are protected.
- Taxation: We initially help our small business clients obtain a Tax ID number and also assist with tax planning for both the business and its owners. If one of our small business clients ever encounters an audit or litigation before the IRS, Ohio Department of Taxation or other entity, we are there to represent them.
McCarthy Lebit is a full-service law firm and will continue to meet your legal needs as your business grows. We offer additional legal services, such as the following, which may benefit you and your business in the future.
- Family Law: Our Family Law practice assists our business clients with a variety of matters ranging from pre-nuptials to divorces or dissolutions, including small business valuations and the analysis of spousal and/or child support claims.
- Mergers & Acquisitions: If one of our small business clients ever decides to sell their business, merge it or acquire another, our M&A team will guide them and protect their interests by facilitating an orderly transition that allows them to seize opportunities while minimizing risk.
- Trusts & Estates: When small business owners are ready to prepare the succession of their business or plan their personal estate, our team of Trusts & Estate lawyers are here to help them meet their goals. We not only prepare the documents necessary to ensure that their wishes are met, but also will administer the estate.