McCarthy, Lebit, Crystal & Liffman Co., LPA is currently seeking a skilled legal marketer to lead the firm’s marketing efforts. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three to five years of marketing experience with at least one year of experience in the law firm setting. He or she should possess an understanding of general marketing, business development and communication tasks including planning, budgeting, reporting, research, graphic design, event planning, branding, email marketing, search optimization, website management, social media, copy editing and public relations. Experience with legal accolades and directories is a plus.
Duties may include:
- Developing, implementing and analyzing the firm’s marketing strategies.
- Defining and managing the firm’s annual marketing budget.
- Maintaining a cohesive branding strategy across all print, electronic, and other law firm materials.
- Drafting and updating marketing collateral materials, ads, email advisories and presentations.
- Managing the firm’s presence on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and other social media channels, including content creation for the same.
- Reviewing and managing the legal rankings in Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and other legal directories.
- Collecting and organizing lists of clients, representative matters, and representative experience for use on the firm’s website and in other marketing materials.
- Drafting responses to requests for proposals, and compiling pitch materials for current and prospective clients.
- Monitoring major media outlets and industry publications for law firm and individual attorney mentions, as well as conducting competitive intelligence research.
- Monitoring industry organizations for upcoming events, and identifying potential speaking and sponsorship opportunities.
- Working with the practice group leaders to organize monthly practice group meetings, identify potential marketing opportunities, and execute business development initiatives.
- Working with the individual attorneys to create and implement marketing strategies, which may include cross-marketing efforts, creating and maintaining mailing lists, and distributing client alerts.
- Planning and executing events such as internal and external lunches, meet and greets, and seminars.
You may be a good fit if you have the ability to work independently, possess strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication abilities, are very organized and pay close attention to detail. This role also requires the capacity to perform well under pressure, meet deadlines, multitask and manage projects from initial concept stages to completion. An in-depth knowledge of the legal services environment is preferred.
Preferably, the candidate will possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, public relations or a related field. He or she should be competent in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, have a basic understanding of HTML code, demonstrate social media savvy across all major platforms, and be familiar with WordPress CMS and Constant Contact email marketing or similar services. The candidate should also be proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as have some familiarity with a document management system.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com.
McCarthy Lebit is a full service law firm in Cleveland, Ohio with a collegial work environment that encourages professional growth. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more at www.mccarthylebit.com.